News Release 1996-65 | June 3, 1996
OCC Announces CRA Data Base on World Wide Web
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) today announced the availability of a Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) public data base located at the agency's World Wide Website (http://www.occ.treas.gov).
"Our goal is to make it easier for the general public to find the particular CRA document or data they are seeking by putting it all in one location," said OCC Director of Communications Ellen Stockdale. "The OCC is the only bank regulatory agency to offer online access to such a complete package of CRA-related information."
The CRA information module is the latest example of the OCC's use of communications technology to give the public broader access to information about the national banking industry. The module includes:
- A searchable list of all public CRA ratings for national banks;
- Quarterly CRA examination schedules;
- Viewable and downloadable text of public CRA evaluations, beginning with those released in May 1996;
- A listing of national banks that have received "wholesale" or "limited purpose" designations under CRA;
- Viewable copies of OCC legal interpretations relating to CRA;
- A hyper-text linked version of the CRA regulation.
Downloadable documents are available to any Internet user in WordPerfect for Windows format. The database of CRA evaluations also has a "mailto:" address so that users can request evaluations completed prior to May 1996 electronically from the search page.
Questions about accessing information on the OCC website may be emailed to Webmaster@occ.treas.gov, or directed to (202) 874-4700. Many public documents, including those related to the CRA, can also be obtained by automated fax service from the OCC's Information Line at (202) 479-0141.